Tuesday 28 June 2011

I'm a perfectionist

As the title says it, I am a perfectionist.

They say your road to recovery starts when you admit your problem and here I am doing just that.
Being a perfectionist and aiming high is what has gotten me where I am today and what has made me the way I am.

I like who I am but being a perfectionist also means that I aim high all the time and I want to be better all the time, and this can make me feel down, and never be completely happy, which sucks.

Let's say I win Bronze at something, if it was someone else I would tell them "Congrats! That's great!" but if it's me, I would be disappointed and think "Why the heck wasn't I able to get Gold, at least Silver would have been better!".

I do this all the time, it's terrible really, I am actually my worst enemy.

This blog stems from that perfectionism, it's anonymous because as a perfectionist that I am I don't like people to know my flaws,  mainly because I feel ashamed of them, not because I want to be better than everyone else. I am hoping that here I will be able to write what comes to my mind and not worry what people think about what I write reflecting on who I am.

I don't want to not be a perfectionist, otherwise I wouldn't aim high but at the same time I would like to be really happy about what I do achieve. I know, it's kind of contradictory.

Maybe one day I will be able to let go and tell everyone who I am, or maybe one day I will become highly successful and never be able to reveal my true identity in fear of the media! *chuckles*

What about you? Can you keep the right balance between motivation and contentment?

What should I do?

1 comment:

  1. Would you be up for this ?! Starting it Monday 11th July ...http://mammasaurus.wordpress.com/p-a-p/
    Ok ok so it’s PAP for short – Pass A Post – give it a go !
    I pass a post for you, you pass a post to someone else and so on !
    At the bottom of each of these posts will be the start date of the PAP chain and a list of links to those who have contributed – a heads up point to your blog
    If you are interested then mail me – the theme will be CREME DE LA CREME and be everyones favourite post .This will make it an amazing chain to read !
    What you need to do -
    You need to mail me your favourite post that you have written (pref. as a attached file)
    Any images you want included
    Your blog url
    Any other links ie. Facebook ,Twitter ect.
    A couple of lines introducing your post and why it’s your favourite !
    I’ll get back in touch with your posting date and the link to who you’ll be ‘receiving’ and ‘passing’ to !
    Exciting !
    Annie

    ReplyDelete